Forum Discussion

kevin_kapell
Frequent Contributor
8 years ago

scripts created using Chrome do not find objects when run in IE

I created a number of scripts using Chrome as my browser. When I try to run the scripts in IE the mapped objects cannot be found.

Do I need to remap each object or is there a way to make a global change so that the scripts will run in different browsers?

3 Replies

kevin_kapell
    Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the link. Looks like automation for all browsers will be difficult.

So what I really need then is the easiest way to convert scripts to run in IE without having to remap all of the objects. I don't want to have to deal with the Chrome memory leeks that I keep hearing about.

Any suggestions?

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

I just had to include a few areas where it branches to allow tests to run on different browser types.

No way round it that I could see. But at the same time, there are not a huge number of areas where it branches. How much difference are you actually seeing?

For me, it gets more split when you pull back styling information. The actual browser objects and the locations in the DOM were largely the same. Ditto identification properties.

(PS ... I run 95% of my stuff on Chrome and don't have big issues with memory leaks that I've noticed. Not enough to cause tests any problems anyway. But my tests are also highly modular and kill and re-open the browser quite frequently. Which may mitigate any such problems.)