cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: Visual Testing steps in TestComplete ?

Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Visual Testing steps in TestComplete ?

Currently, there is no method by which images can be utilized directly from Visualizer and NameMapping in comparing images on screen.  This, I believe, was already mentioned above by @AlexKaras .  This, I believe, answers your question: You will need to create a repository of baseline images to use in your comparisons so that you can either use the PictureObj.Difference method or a Region Checkpoint to compare images.

If you want such a thing added, there is a feature request area here on the community that you can request it.  However, placing a request does not mean it willl get added/created/developed in the short term... meaning, you will STILL need to do the work to create that image respository.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Community Manager

Re: Visual Testing steps in TestComplete ?

HI @Vallalarasu_P,

I have nothing to add. As Robert said, you can try doing image comparison. Also, it makes sense to consider doing manual testing for this part.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓