Forum Discussion

MW_Didata
Regular Contributor
12 months ago
Solved

Chrome updated, now TC can't find browser

My test won't navigate to the webpage it just says "Waiting for Sys.Browser("chrome")"

Anyone else have this problem?

Yesterday it worked fine, Today it is broken.

Chrome is open on my second screen, and if it wasn't it should open the browser.

DWalsh
    12 months ago

Hi All.. 

The product and dev team are working on getting a patch out to fix this asap

Regards

SmartBear team

11 Replies

DWalsh

Hi All.. 

The product and dev team are working on getting a patch out to fix this asap

Regards

SmartBear team

gdemaret
        New Contributor

Hi,

any updates of the fix ? Some of our regression tests are blocked since last thursday due to this update. We have looked to downgrade Chrome, but seems this is not an easy things to do.

Thanks and regards

gdemaret
    New Contributor

Yes I've the same problem since last Chrome update (last night). TestComplete is not able to find the browser.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If you see the other posts, then the latest version of Chrome does not work with the latest version of TestComplete.

MW_Didata
    Regular Contributor

When recording new steps, after pressing stop TC does not save steps

MW_Didata
      Regular Contributor

Yes, Chrome had an update last night I think.

I made a little testscript, when the browser is closed TC can start Chrome,

But can't navigate to the page.

EDIT: After checking there is another Chrome update, I got the 'What's new' screen when opening so i thought it was up to date,

I'll update and try again.

MarkHays
    Occasional Contributor

I am getting similar issues with Chrome 113 as well.

• We're also experiencing the same issues after Chrome was updated to version 113, so TC is basically unusable with Chrome at this point. We've had to switch to recording and playing back tests in Edge to be able to use TC at all.

We've also been experiencing issues with TestComplete version 15.51 being unable to play back our existing tests properly. Long delays and the tests fail after only a couple of steps execute. We can't even get a simple log in test to run to completion on 15.51 and have had to roll back to 15.50. I mention it here because if the fix for Chrome is in 15.52 but this issue isn't addressed, we will be unable to upgrade to the version with the fix for Chrome.