Forum Discussion

bsmith_1
New Contributor
12 years ago

Tested Application crashing while running TestComplete, 0xC0000005

Hi all,

I am evaluating a trial version of TestComplete 8.1.

While in playback, I am testing selecting items in a context menu, and am able to get the context menu, the mouse move to the first item, and then the first item's selection.  But when the playback goes to select the same context menu in a different screen location, the tested application is crashing, and I'm getting a "The thread tried to read from or write to a viertual address for which it does not have the appropriate access", exception code 0xC0000005.  The second popup does appear, but this error happens before the mouse begins to move to select the first item.

Any ideas?

4 Replies

bsmith_1
    New Contributor
    I took our company's code out of the application, and it still crashes.

The application is ArcMap.  I do not know what code it is written in.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi BJ,

Could you please send our Support Team some additional information that should help them investigate the issue? Here are the steps:

1. Run the Report Generator tool shipped along with TestComplete:

<TestComplete 9>\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe

2. Select the 'Launch/attach to TestComplete' option, and the tool will be attached to TestComplete's process.

3. Reproduce the problem in TestComplete on the problematic computer.

4. Click the 'Generate...' button in the Report Generator tool and save a report to a local folder.

After following the steps, send our Support Team the report along with a description of the issue via our Contact Support form. Thanks!