Forum Discussion

ksimeon
New Contributor
14 years ago

TestComplete install error 0xc0000005

I've been trying to install TestComplete 752 ent on a Windows 7 system running under Parallels. Whenever I start the installer I get the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application."

Here is what I've tried & non of it has worked:

1) Run as Administrator

2) Run under different Compatibility levels

3) Download same version & version 751

4) I've installed the same executable on a different windows 7 system

5) I've disabled UAC

Where can I find the log files for your InstallShield installer? Are there any flags I can pass to the installer to product logging?

Thank you,

Ken

6 Replies

• Hi Ken,

It seems, the installation file for TestComplete 7.52 was corrupted during the downloading. Please download it again. As a copy of the file can be cached in your network, please use some special utility rather than your browser to download the file.

ksimeon
    New Contributor
    <meta charset="utf-8" />Allen,

I tried you suggestion and the install still fails with the same error. The executables work just fine on other system, but not on this one version of Windows 7 enterprise running within Parallels. Can you please find out if there are any debug or logging flags that I can pass to your installer? I would like to find out what I causing this issue so I can start running my tests.

Also, I'm not able to disable my Anti-virus. It is very locked down and not changeable by an average admin user.

Thanks,

Ken
  • What was the solution for this?  I am a new user trying to install TestComplete on a Win7/32-bit machine, but getting the 0xc0000005 error.  Thanks!
    Anonymous
    Hi Nancy,

Did you download the installation file using some download manager? If the problem persists, please contact us via our Contact Support form.
    ksimeon
    New Contributor
    I did not use a download manager. I used either Firefox 3.5.x or Google Chrome, I can't remember. Over all, I've been able to install TC 7.x into my Windows 7 VM. I don't see that issue any more.

Thanks,

Ken