Forum Discussion

TimoF
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Performance Issues with objects using "Extended Find" in TC 11.20

I upgraded my TC installation from Version 10.x to TC Version 11.20.   With the new TC 11.20 installation I have to face performance problems with my tests which are using  objects mapped via "Exte...
    9 years ago

I got a solution from the smartbear support. With the new TC 11.20 version the namemapping find algorithm was reworked.

In some cases this new algorithm is slower than the old algorithm from TC 10.

TestComplete can be launched with the "/UseOldFindAlgorithm" command-line argument. With this argument TC11.20 uses the old TC10 find algorithm.

You can do this in two ways:

1. Press the "Win" + "R" keyboard keys and execute the following command:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 11\Bin\TestComplete.exe" /UseOldFindAlgorithm

2. Navigate to the Properties of the TestComplete shortcut and add the /UseOldFindAlgorithm command-line argument to the Target field:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 11\Bin\TestComplete.exe" /UseOldFindAlgorithm

This solution also works for TestExecute. I just added the "UseOldFindAlgorithm" parameter to the TestExecute command-line calls in my batch-files.

Regards,

Timo