Forum Discussion

nado
Occasional Contributor
6 months ago
Solved

Unable to find the object Sys.Browser("*")

Hi everbody,

After I updated my firefox version to 115.3.1, "Unable to find the object Sys.Browser("*")" error message started to appear. I can not use my all tests because this message appears as soon as I start testing. Than I decided to update my test complete version, as well. It is up to date now (v 15.57.2.7) but I still have the same error message. I am not so experienced in test complete. Could you pls help me?

8 Replies

nado
      Occasional Contributor

ok, Thanks a lot, I will try with this version

nado
      Occasional Contributor

Henry1I've tried it with Firefox version 114, it is still not working, but this time the error message was "the firefox version is not supported"

so I 've turned back to v 102.0.1. this is so old, do you have any idea about this issue? I need to use newer version of firefox 😞 Really crazy, there is no patches for the v114 as well

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If you get the following error,

It usually indicates that your browser is not opened. In this instance, it's Chrome.

nado
      Occasional Contributor

Hi rraghvani,

Actually my browser opens, but testcomplete tries to do something as "waiting for Sys.Browser(*)" and than " waiting for page (*)

 and than this error messages

lreynolds
    New Contributor

You might want to add the following code to the start of your tests to confirm what browsers TC can see, very useful after upgrades of TC / Browser etc.

//Let's put diagnostic in log about browsers test can see
    var browser;
    for (var i=0; i < Browsers.Count; i++)
    {
      browser = Browsers.Item(i);
      Log.Message("Browser " + aqConvert.IntToStr(i) + " : " + browser.Description);
    }
    MW_Didata
    Regular Contributor

Does it work for Chrome & Edge? might just be firefox doing firefox things.