Forum Discussion

fayrehouse
Frequent Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

"Find All" - within Keyword Tests

Hi All,

I'm hoping I'm just being a bit dumb here - but is there a way of getting Find All to search keyword tests? I have a number of KWTs that are basically calls to various script routines - and I want to find all KWTs that make calls to a particular script routine.

Similarly, is there a way of doing a mass update of such calls in KWTs? eg, if I add a new parameter to the script routine, modify all the KWT's to specify some sort of default value for the new param, while leaving the old param values unchanged?

• Hi Steve,

Currently, only searching through data in the Value column of the keyword test editor is possible. We have a suggestion to improve the Find/Replace feature for keyword tests in our DB, and your message has increased its rating. Thanks!

At the moment, there is nothing I can tell you for sure about whether (and when) the feature will be implemented. If you want to search through other columns (Item, Opearation, Description), I can only suggest looking for a specific string in the corresponding .tcKDTest files of your project via some external tools.

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Steve,

Currently, only searching through data in the Value column of the keyword test editor is possible. We have a suggestion to improve the Find/Replace feature for keyword tests in our DB, and your message has increased its rating. Thanks!

At the moment, there is nothing I can tell you for sure about whether (and when) the feature will be implemented. If you want to search through other columns (Item, Opearation, Description), I can only suggest looking for a specific string in the corresponding .tcKDTest files of your project via some external tools.