Forum Discussion

rhuancattoni
Occasional Contributor
3 months ago

"Entry point not found" error when attempting to open the TestComplete application

Hello,

I've installed the TestComplete 15 (15.63.22.7) on a virtual machine running Windows Server 2012 R2.

When I open the application, I receive the following error:

---------------------------
GDI+ Window: TestExecute.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point DiscardVirtualMemory could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 15\x64\Bin\libcef\libcef.dll. 
OK   

I've already tried to restart the machine and reinstall the TestComplete, but the error persists.

Does anyone have an idea about it?

rhuancattoni
    3 months ago

Hi, rraghvani

I've opened a ticket with SmartBear support that was identified as a bug in the TestComplete version. 

To resolve this temporarily I've downgraded the TestComplete v15.48 and it works. I'm waiting for a fix in a newer version, but I'm now good with this version.

Thanks for your attention.

7 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

See System Requirements

Are you running TestComplete or TestExecute? Are you doing any automation work i.e. scripting or keyword testing on the VM, or just using it for playback?

rhuancattoni
      Occasional Contributor

Hi, rraghvani 

The error occurs right after opening both applications, TestComplete and TestExecute. I'm not running any tests yet.

I've checked the system requirements and it's ok (Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter and Internet Explorer 11 installed).

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Either re-install the application again (.dll may not be correctly installed) or modify the application compatibility start up options.

Windows Server 2012 R2 is very old! It could be a KB or Hotfix preventing the application from loading.

rhuancattoni
      Occasional Contributor

I've re-installed and tried to run the compatibility troubleshooter but the problem persists. Also, I've checked the Windows Update and all patches are installed.

The TestComplete 14 was working fine on this same machine. The problem is only occurring with Version 15.

I understand that this version of Windows is quite dated but, unfortunately, I need to run some specific tests in this environment.

Any other ideas?