Forum Discussion

10 years ago

8.1.8100 installation issues

I'm installing an older client due to the version of the server that my company is running. My computer is Windows 7, 64-bit. As the files begin extracting during the installation process, about a quarter of the way done I get a popup stating "C:\Program Files\Collaborator Client\ui\plugins\com.ibm.icu_4.0.1.v20090415.jar Could not create this file. Shall I try again?" Yes/No/Cancel.

This started as a new Collaborator install, I initially tried v. 8.5, which is when I found out we're running an older server that requires 8.1.8100. I got that version  from the SmartBear archives, which is when I first encountered the message above, I have run the install probably 15 times, mostly as administrator, deleted the install directory (almost) every time, rebooted  a few times, shut down possibly conflicting applications (e.g. Test Architect repository), clicked "Yes" to try again 2,674 times (just kidding, but clicked 4-5 times on 4-5 different install attempts). Yes, I'm using the 64 bit client installation file and there are no other versions of Collaborator either installed or running.

Thanks for  your suggestions/insights.
No RepliesBe the first to reply