TC doesnt map object names automatically
I am facing a problem.
New objects are not added to the Name Mapping. Now I see the 'Window("some_class", "some_name")' instead of the way it was before.
What am I doing wrong ?
1. An options
2. When I recording and click on element now I get following:
This should not be such way - Window(etc). Also previously this element would have been automatically added but now :
Solved! Go to Solution.
- Did your TC version change?
- Are you working on a different machine than when the mapping worked? What's the difference between the two machines?
- Did your browser get updated?
- Did your application get updated?
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
I have noticed this change too, I didn't see it as a major issue, but definitely a change in the last week or so. I guess update related, maybe a setting got reset, or mapping itself has been "improved". I wonder if having the Update Mappings option disabled will make this better or worse?
This is testcompete desktop version.
I implemented this tests on PC1
then I continued my work on PC2 -everything was fine
then there were two, as I remember, TC upgrades, and now I got this problem. Also now not only me faced with this as could be seen from last comment
Thanks for reporting the issue. We would like to investigate it, so could you please contact our support team by creating a case here? We'll need the following information:
- The project where the issue occurs. Also, please check if the same problem occurs in a newly created project.
- The technology your tested application uses. Please also check whether the issue persists for every application or only for the one under test.
- If you can record a short video demonstrating the issue, that will help a lot as well. You can use free tools like Loom or Jing for that.
- Finally, we'll need a report - this way, our developers will be able to find out what's going on inside TestComplete when you observe the issue. Here are the steps to collect the report:
- Run Report Generator (<TestComplete>\x64\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe for the 64-bit TC version or <TestComplete>\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe for the 32-bit TC version.
- Choose an option that corresponds to your tested application type (I assume "When testing a desktop app") and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Reproduce the problem.
- Click the "Create memory dump" button.
- Click the "Save..." button - this will save the report into an archive. Send this archive to us.
If you need any help with collecting the mentioned info, just create a case - we'll assist you with that!
SmartBear Customer Care Manager - TestComplete