Forum Discussion

svaze74_1
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Unable to find activated license

Hi All,

I had standard floating license of TestComplete installed on a machine.

We had to format C drive of that machine for some reason and now after re-installing TC on that machine, its throwing "Unable to find activated License" error.

On the client services site, its showing that this license is activated on the said machine.

So what is the reason that its not starting the product and throwing an error.

I have created a support request but has anyone faced such type of issue? Kindly provide any help or pointers..

Thanks,
Shrirang

• Hi Shrirang,

Formatting the NDD removed the license. You should have deactivated the license from the computer before clearing the drive. 

The Support team will assist you to restore the license.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Shrirang,

Formatting the NDD removed the license. You should have deactivated the license from the computer before clearing the drive. 

The Support team will assist you to restore the license.

• Hi Tanya,

I got the support request created and getting some assistance from the team.
    Though from my previous experience, formatting and re-installing the OS had not removed my license on other two machines and hence I was sure that I don't need to deactivate the license.

I guess, while re-installation of OS, our IT team had followed some new steps(they had installed some other version of OS) which cleared this license from this m/c.

But thanks anyway for your reply.

Thanks,
    Shrirang