Forum Discussion

ahmed_daniel
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Unable to access buttons on Backstage Ribbon for Codejock 16.4

Hi,

I have an application that uses codejock 16.4 and it has a backstage ribbon similar to how office 2013 has it (File menu button in MS word). And for some reason the objects on the backstage ribbon cannot be clicked except via screen cordinates and thats not a good way to do things. These objects are visible in object browser under the ribbon but cannot be clicked.

Any ideas how to access them or someone has any luck with it. I would highly appreciate the help. I'm attaching the sample executable for codejock here.

Thanks,

Daniel.

TestComplete version 11.20.1491.7

ahmed_daniel
    9 years ago

This is the solution I got from customer care.

"They investigated the issue and suppose that the behaviour you described is absolutely normal. The thing is that, though the 'File' tab's buttons are present in the Object Browser tree, they're invisible, that is, they cannot be clicked. This is related to the window composition, which we cannot affect, it is the way the application's GUI is build.

So, TestComplete uses the only possible way - records the button click by its coordinates. I understand why you find this not quite convenient, but the buttons do not change their coordinates even when you resize the main window. So, the way the button click is recorded can be considered reliable enough for using in tests."

Hope it helps others having similar issue.

8 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi ahmed_daniel,

Thanks for posting a sample application. However, I cannot launch it on my computer (I’m getting an error saying that some dll files are missed).

I recommend that you refer to the Supported Controls article describing how TestComplete works with the controls that have special support in the tool as well as with the other controls.

ahmed_daniel
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya,

I'm sorry about forgetting the dlls. I have attached them here. Could you please paste them in the same folder as sample and try it.

Thanks for the help.

Daniel

ahmed_daniel
        Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya,

I read the link material you sent but that didn't help. I have updated TC to latest version 11.30.2298.7 that didn't help as well.

In my object browser I can see the button object which I want to click (NameMapping.Sys.Process("RibbonSample").Window("XTPMainFrame", "Untitled - Codejock Ribbon Sample", 1).Window("XTPDockBar", "xtpBarTop", 1).ToolBar("The Ribbon").MenuButton("FILE").ToolBar(0).Button("Save")) but its properties shown are somehow wrong as it is visible on screen but object browser says "visible = false". 

Could it be TestComplete cannot recognize this kind of objects? Or if there is any thing missing on my part?

Again Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Daniel