Forum Discussion

vlad230
Contributor
12 years ago

Test Complete process is killed

Hi guys,

Let me do a quick presentation of what I'm using Test Complete for:

I'm testing a desktop point of sale application developed with .NET technologies that has two parts: a synchronizing app and the main app. When you want to backup data, the synchronizing app is stopped and the backup starts to do it's job.

The issue is that when I start the backup, Test Complete is killed along with the synchronizing app. I have tried this with TC8 and TC9 but it's the same issue. Also, the weird part is that this is an intermittent issue.

Does anyone have an idea why is this happening?

Thanks,

Sergiu

4 Replies

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Sergiu,

Could you please use this web form to send your application under test along with your test project to our Support Team? This would help us analyze the problem and reproduce it.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Julia,

Sorry but I can't share the project or the app.

I know my question is a long shot but I was hoping someone else has encountered this.

Thanks,

Sergiu
    Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Sergiu,

The problem may be caused by TestComplete's OpenApp plug-ins conflicts.

You can try disabling all OpenApp plug-ins in TestComplete, except for the ones you need to test your application with. To learn how to disable TestComplete plug-ins, please see the Installing Extensions Help topic.

Here is the list of the OpenApps plug-ins:

-  MSAA Open Application

-  UI Automation Support

-  .NET Open Application Support

-  Microsoft Visual C++ Open Application Support

-  Silverlight Open Application Support

-  Visual Basic Open Applications

-  Web Testing Plug-in

-  Delphi and C++Builder Open Application Support

-  Java Open Application Support

-  JavaFX Open Application Support

As soon as you disable all unnecessary plug-ins, check whether the problem persists, and whether TestComplete and your application under test continue to exit unexpectedly.

Please let us know your results.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Julia,

Sorry for the late reply I was on vacation.

It seems that this is a feature of our tested application - it kills all processes that have open connections with the DB while the backup is performed. So, since TestComplete had open connections with the DB it was killed.

Thanks for the help :)

-Sergiu