Forum Discussion

DCat1223
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Test Complete only reading first record of Excel data file.

Hi. I'm new to Test Complete and this forum.   I am testing a web based application that allows employees to sign up for Health Care and Dental. I am using Key Word tests, as I am not very experien...
    dmiscannon
    9 years ago

If I'm reading your tests correctly, you first run the login test then call the DCRA keyword test. Then the DCRA keyword test recalls the login test?? This, in essence, restarts the DDT.

On the login test, all of the steps for the Data Driven loop should be indented to make them part of the loop. Currently, they are at the same level as the DD loop, so you really don't have a loop. Then for the DCRA test, remove the call to the login test. If all of the steps under the DD loop in the login test are indented to be part of the DD loop, when the DCRA test completes it will go back to the DD loop and use the next record for the DCRA test.

Review the following to get an overview of Data Driven testing with TestComplete: https://support.smartbear.com/articles/testcomplete/data-driven-testing/?utm_source=site-search&utm_medium=search-results&utm_campaign=site-search-c&utm_term=data+driven+tests.