Forum Discussion

prakash_vasudev
Contributor
13 years ago

Silent installation of TestExecute / TestComplete

Hello,

Is there as way to run TestExecute / TestComplete installation exe in silent mode from command line?

Thanks in advance !!

7 Replies

• Hi,

I have followed the instructions to create the Setup.iss file. But I don't find it in C:\Windows.

1) I have extracted the files from "TestComplete" installation package to a folder on my desktop.

2) I have run the <path_to_install_files>\Setup.exe /r in command prompt

3) It started the installation of TestComplete (at first a window with the command list appears).

4) I have completed the installation but didn't start TestComplete since I don't want to use my key for this.

In C:\Windows I don't have "Setup.iss" file.

Did I miss something?

Thanks and regards,

Aurélien
  • For information I am running TestComplete 8.6 on XPembedded.
  • Hello,

Is there a way where the silent installation can be customized?

What I meant customizing the silent installation, is there a way we can provide the install location via command line so that the silent installation is customized? Now by using the setup.iss file it runs the similar way on all the systems but I am trying to make the silent installation customized so that user should be able to provide the install location via command line and that path should be considered and TestExecute needs to be installed in that particular user specified folder.

Thanks in advance !!

Prakash