Forum Discussion

pgonzales
New Contributor
13 years ago

prevent a slave from closing a project after master runs a test?

We are using distributed testing with floating license.  After the master performs a test, the slave is closing the project. when the next test starts I get a failure because testcomplete is requesting a new sentinal hasp license.  the machine is not hooked up to the internet.  how do keep this from happening?

3 Replies

• Hi,

To specify what actions TestComplete should perform on a slave host after a task has been completed, use the Action after run column of the Tasks editor. In your case, to prevent the slave project from closing after TestComplete finishes executing the task, specify Nothing in the Action after run column. For the next task to be run on this slave host, specify the Use value in the Use previous TestComplete instance column. In this case, after finishing the first task, the TestComplete instance on the remote host will not be closed, and it will be used for running the next task.

pgonzales
    New Contributor
    Margaret Abramova

Thanks for your reply.  My problem thou is not with the closing of the testcomplete instance but with the closing of the project.  My slave computer does not have internet access on a constant basis so when the project is closed it cannot be reopened without encountering the Sentinel HASP licensing error.  I am trying to find a way to prevent this from happening
  • Hi Philip,

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent a slave project from closing after finishing the task execution. The only way to resolve your problem is to use a slave computer that has a network connection to the License Manager in order for TestComplete to be able to find the activated license when opening the slave project.