Forum Discussion

kochetap
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Idstr property of a Frame changes with every login, how to overcome this?

Hello Team,

I am using TestCOmpelte(10.40) for Automating Mycrosoft Dynamics CRM (2015 | Version 7.0.0.3543) based application on Chrome Browser (version  40.0.2214.115 | updates of Chrome are already disabled by admin).

There is a Frame under parent page of which IdStr property value is toggeling between "contentIFrame0" and "contentIFrame1" with new page lading or new login.

This is making the test fails. I have tried using regular expression but then object cannot be identified.Other properties are not unique enough to distinguish this frame.

It is most important frame since all other components are children of this frame.

I have tried FindChild method as well but then execution time gets increased unexpectedly.

attached is the NAmeMapping screenshot.

Please help how to overcome this problem.

Thanks,

Pratiksha

4 Replies

Lage
    Contributor

Hi,

In the object mapping, as a object properties, you can use stars *.  then, as a IdStr property you can use "contentIFrame*".

If you have more than one coincidence for idStr = contentIFrame* at this level you should not map this contentIFrame and map the next deep opbject with the Extend Search enabled.

Regards,

kochetap
      New Contributor

"contentIFrame*" is not wrking since the frame cannot be identified in next run, though there is no ambiguity issue.

I have removed this frame from Heirarchy but this has resulted in slow execution.

Lage
        Contributor

There are more than one frame in your page, in the same unique panel?  If not, you can just store the panel, and the frame only with objectType = Frame (without idStr property). That would decrease the timing for search the next object. That make sense?