Forum Discussion

MarcusBengtsson
Frequent Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Edit property checkpoint dropdown list changed position

Hello! So my checkpoint have not worked earlier and I will try to explain why not with the help of the image added and I was hoping to get an explanation on whyyyy it changes.

So I have identified the object I am looking for with the drag and drop identifier 

And by then it is saying as shown in Object: Aliases.browser.pageEngineDataObjectLibraryComte.panelAlert, If i then do the dropdown list the radiobutton is checked for "FindElement("//div[.=\"Test object 'Fuel_Test_Automation_copy' created\"]")" 

I did not get that to be written out, it was saying .panelAlert instead of the .FindElement which caused the test to fail multiple times. I then tried again and clicked the "Show available locators" again and test complete dissappeared for some seconds and when re-appearing they switched place, now it did not say .panelAlert in the Object: text field anymore instead it was the FindElement and now the test is running fine.

I just wonder what made the switching? Can I set it to always use the FindElement and not some .panelAlert thing? Sorry if it was badly explained.

• I removed the namemapping of the item and it seems to be working.

5 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

From what I understand. You have an alias name defined as panelAlert, and TestComplete is giving you three options, on how to identify the UI Object, using FindElement.

See Name Mapping for more information

MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor

Hello, thanks for reply! I did recording of these steps and test complete itself put the .panelAlert there, when I go to the dropdown list I can find the .findelement options. It is on the option "FindElement("//div[.=\"Test object 'Fuel_Test_Automation_copy' created\"]")" 

But it is written as .panelAlert, I had this similar issue before but then test complete kinda reloaded it self and replaced the .panelAlert with the actual .FindElement instead of the alias name and the test case worked. 

Is it possible to make it not use the alias name and instead the whole FindElement instead? 

Carol665yn
    Occasional Contributor

My Herbalife Account
    Quick Checkpoints
    Start recording your test.

Make sure that Quick Checkpoints are enabled:

During the test recording, TestComplete highlights UI elements, with which you are interacting, with a red frame. It also shows the icon near your mouse pointer.

Move the mouse pointer to the object that you want to verify and wait until the red frame appears.

Stop moving the mouse pointer and wait until the icon becomes opaque. Move the mouse pointer to the icon.

Thanks,
    Carol665yn

MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor

Hello, sorry I know how quick checkpoints work but thank you 🙂

MarcusBengtsson
    Frequent Contributor

I removed the namemapping of the item and it seems to be working.