Forum Discussion

JavierCollRodri
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Automating the Chrome Store

Hello,

The application I'm testing has a chrome extension. I am trying to automate the installation process, but the chrome web store page objects are not accessible. When I spy on the web store page and visualize it in the object browser, it contains no children.

By now I solved it by clicking on the page by coordinates, but it does not work always

I have the latest chrome patch installed in Test Complete.

Thank you!

• Hi Javier,

For security reasons, Chrome refuses all extensions to inject code into its internal pages (about:*, chrome:*). Because of that, internal pages, like the new tab page, the extension manager, the download manager, the history page and so on, are not accessible to TestComplete.

You can use MSAA or UI Automation to try to get access to objects on the Extensions page.

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Javier,

For security reasons, Chrome refuses all extensions to inject code into its internal pages (about:*, chrome:*). Because of that, internal pages, like the new tab page, the extension manager, the download manager, the history page and so on, are not accessible to TestComplete.

You can use MSAA or UI Automation to try to get access to objects on the Extensions page.