Forum Discussion

sudam_evonsys
Occasional Contributor
9 days ago

Access outlook email to click on button inside the email

I'm conducting keyword testing on a web application. During my testing, I need to open Outlook, search for an email using the recipient's name, and click a button within that Outlook email that navigates to another system. Can anyone advise on how to capture this button within the Outlook email?

sudam_evonsys
    Occasional Contributor

Hi rraghvani 

Thanks for reply. I have added wildcards for appropriately for possible mapped objects and only remaining below 'panelDocumet' (which showing as panelDocument1,panelDocument12,panelDocument2) and it's sub elements. In that panelDocument also I tried to adding wildcards as below and still i'm not able to add wildCards for panelMessage which has "Message" as Caption. please refer the below screens.

panelDocument12 > added wildcard as below.

for panelMessage not way to add wildCards. it attribute showing as below.

Thanks

sudam_evonsys
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks Marsha_R and rraghvani for replying.

Yes, I have tried with recording steps to click on the button on given outlook email.

However captured element working only for someitme only. after that I need to re-capture same element.

I need to click on "Review Document" button on this email.

Captured Name Mapping as below.

Marsha_R

I would guess that what is happening is that the page name (here it is page32770) is changing sometimes when the page is loaded. 

Take a look at this information about wildcards. Using a wildcard with a suitable string will allow the field to be found even if part of its name changes. Try it out and let us know what happens.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/misc/using-wildcards.html

sudam_evonsys
        Occasional Contributor

Hi Marsha_R ,

I have tried after passing wild-card to page32770 and then the tool cannot find particular button and not peforming the click event. but when it was highlighted when I was trying to identify with the Highlight option in the tool

• You tagged this with Object Recognition. Did you try to record this and TC didn't find the button? Tell us what exactly you tried and what happened and we can try to help. Screenshots are useful too.