Forum Discussion

geetha015
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

testcomplete 8 integration with vss

hi,

I'm using testcomplete 8 and Integrated with sourceControl. Till here it is good. My Problem is After creating test case i'm checkin into the vss when i run the test case, for each and every statement in test script it is asking to check out the project. This is happening only when i take project as new item to the projectsuite . If i take the project as existing item to the project suite i'm not facing this problem. Please help me if any one knows the solution or  welcome any suggestions .

Regards

gita

7 Replies

• Hello Gita,

This situation is possible when the Visualizer feature is used when playing tests. In this case, TestComplete needs to check in the script file to be able to update links between script lines and Visualizer frames. You can tell TestComplete not to update the frames while playing scripts by disabling the "Use Test Visualizer during test run" option on the Tools | Current Project Properties | Visualizer page.

Does this help?
    mesg2anil
    Regular Contributor
    Hi,

I have copied all the folders and scripts to VSS, and double clicked *.pjs file, it connected to TestComplete application but it did not open all the related files. It just opens TC application but all the scripts / units will be shown as unavailable. Please find the screenshots attached for more information.
    mesg2anil
    Regular Contributor
    Also please let me know if there are any configuration settings I need to do before I run scripts directly from VSS...
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    As with any source control system, if you wish to work with your development in the IDE, you need to open it in the IDE.  VSS integration is not intended to allow you to be able to just open the file within the VSS system.  

Pull your files out of VSS to a local folder and open your project from there.
    mesg2anil
    Regular Contributor
    Thanks Robert...

I was thinking if I can open project suite from VSS and run the scripts directly from there...

You say its not possible to do so...!!
  • Hi,

SCC systems don't work like this. As Robert said, you must get your files from VSS and run them locally in IDE. This is how SCCs normally work.