Forum Discussion

hg1
New Contributor
12 months ago

permanently bind testcomplete to an on-premise license manager server for all users

How can we permanently bind testcomplete to our own license manager hosted on a server for all users including first time users?

We have 5 floating licenses on our server (http: xx.xx.xx.xx:40892).  The licenses were set up with the smartbear license manager (SLM) on this server.

We have a number of machines where testcomplete is installed and once a user launches testcomplete on a workstation, they must manually select the bind testcomplete to on-premise option and then enter the required URL...

Because we are in a classified environment, we do not want to expose the license manager server URL to all users.  (They should not need to know it)  If the license manager is configured correctly then any authorized user (username/password at login) should be able to launch testcomplete directly from their desktop icon or the start menu.  FYI: we are using windows 10 and active directory with Group Policy Objects to lock our workstations from tampering.  We prefer our users not to have admin accounts unless absolutely necessary for a given test...

Thanks. hg

2 Replies

hg1
      New Contributor
      Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
      ======================================================

Rraghvani: I already did submit a request to TestComplete New Support Request but thought I would also try the community.
      My latest thought is there might be something in a users profile or a folder down in the testcomplete program where the on-premise URL is stored.

On testcomplete installation, there is a place to bind TC to a server, but why doesn't it persist for all users after the administrator completes the step?
      ======================================================
      Classification: UNCLASSIFIED