Forum Discussion

chichepo
Champion Level 3
2 years ago
Solved

SwaggerHub on-premise - Licenses management

Hello the community

My organization is using SwaggerHub On-premise and the users are enrolled to a "central" organization with corresponding roles (Consumer, Designer or Owner)

As far as I understood, the license price is depending on the assigned role - Consumer is cheaper than Designer and Owner etc.

In such way, the Administrator can control the license usage by tuning the roles assignments,  within the organization.

In another hand, any enrolled user can also freely create his own organization and enroll other users as well, with a free choice of the roles.

This case is simply bypassing the Administrator control and may cause an uncontrolled licenses usage.

Am I right?
Is there a license matrix table somewhere that can show how licenses are managed?

Thank you for your comments

• chichepo 

You are correct - this is how it works. Designers have org creation rights and because they are then owners they can invite other users to be designers there, thus consuming a designer license seat from your total.

https://support.smartbear.com/swaggerhub/docs/organizations/working-with/permissions.html

Please let your account manager know if you would like a product suggestion or enhancement to change this behavior and we can look into it.

If you'd like to know where your licenses are going you can use scripts and our registry API to figure that out (or let your account manager know you'd like a 1:1 session with a sales engineer and we can help you get going, just mention my comment)

1 Reply

• chichepo 

You are correct - this is how it works. Designers have org creation rights and because they are then owners they can invite other users to be designers there, thus consuming a designer license seat from your total.

https://support.smartbear.com/swaggerhub/docs/organizations/working-with/permissions.html

Please let your account manager know if you would like a product suggestion or enhancement to change this behavior and we can look into it.

If you'd like to know where your licenses are going you can use scripts and our registry API to figure that out (or let your account manager know you'd like a 1:1 session with a sales engineer and we can help you get going, just mention my comment)