Forum Discussion

Lavanaya
New Contributor
2 years ago

VS 2019 - Failed to initialize the TFS API Library

When we try to access the Server Path and add a Server location to access the Online Repo getting an error as 

Steps to reproduce:
1) Navigate to Tools -> Options -> Source Control and select 'Current Source Control Plugin ' as 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2019' [already installed locally and Source path / Workspace is set]
2) Navigate to File -> Source Control -> Open From Team Foundation Server...
3) Click on the ... button at the 'Server Path:' section.

5 Replies

Lavanaya
      New Contributor

I have updated both the Visual Studio [Version: 16.11.18] and Test Complete [Version: 15.43.1.7 x64] to the latest available Versions but of no luck.

rraghvani
        Champion Level 3

If you install Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2019, it will work.

I can't remember whether Team Explorer can be installed as an individual component in Visual Studio Installer for 2019.

Ensure this is enabled,

See Requirements and Prerequisites

Lavanaya
    New Contributor

Team Explorer is the iternal Toolbar of the Visual Studio right its not a Version type..

I could see only VS Professional or Enterprise version of Visual Studio.. Please suggest..

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If you have MSDN Subscription, then install Visual Studio Team Explorer 2019. 

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 and Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2019 are two separate products.