Forum Discussion

ChrisPro
Contributor
9 years ago

Somes objects are not present with TestExecute

Hello,

I use :

• TestComplete (version 10.60.3387.7) in "Microsoft Windows 7 Business, 64-bit Service Pack 1 (6.1 Build 7601)" in order to develop test
  • TestExecute (version 10.60.3387.11) in "Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, 64-bit Service Pack 1 (6.1 Build 7601)" in order to execute test

I execute a test project that it lists all objects (for a process) with following code :

l_PropName = new Array("Visible", "Enabled");
   l_PropVal = new Array(true, true);

buttons = lProcess.FindAllChildren(l_PropName, l_PropVal, 10);
   buttons = (new VBArray(buttons)).toArray();

if (buttons.length > 0)
    {
        for (i = 0; i < buttons.length; i++)
        {
            Log.Message("ObjectIdentifier : " + buttons[i].FullName);
        }
    }

Some DELPHI objects are missing in environment with TestExecute, but is is present in environement with TestComplete. The problem is aleatory.

An idea of solution? The problem is identified?

12 Replies

• Is your application under test in the same initial conditions?

Try running the same test using TestComplete and then TestExecute on the same machine.  I would guess there is no difference.  It shouldn't matter whether you use TestComplete or TestExecute.

Then try running the same test using TestExecute on the different machines.  I would guess there is a difference.  It is likely the different OS versions introduce some differences.  What are the differences?

ChrisPro
      Contributor

Application under test is in the same initial conditions.

The same test works fine in TestComplete.

The same test (using TestExecute) are launched on the different machines. There are not the same error, but it is the same type : the DELPHI object is not present, but it is displayed on screen.

Are there several patches for theses version of testexecute?

joseph_michaud

> The same test works fine in TestComplete.

I assume you mean that there is no difference between TestComplete and TestExecute on the same machine.

> The same test (using TestExecute) are launched on the different machines. There are not the same error, but it is the same type : the DELPHI object is not present, but it is displayed on screen.

What are the different errors?  Pictures help.

You say the problem is aleatory (good word!).  In what way?  Does the problem sometimes appear and other times not appear?  Or does is always appear but show different errors?

What application are you testing?  How is it built?