Forum Discussion

sonia1
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Run tests in a remote PC that not contains neither TestComplete nor TestExecute

Hi every one, 

Can you tell me please, is there a method to play TestComplete scenarios on a remote PC?

I have a PC "a" which has testcomplete installed on it, which needs to access a PC "b" (on which there is no testcomplete) via Remote desktop service, and then automate actions on that PC 

Thank you in advance

• Hi mikef, 

Thank you for your response, this is what I was afraid of too, I noticed that TestComplete interacts with the remote desktop as a projection only.
    I thought there was a loophole for running tests on the remote computer via the windows console 

Is there an idea ? 

3 Replies

• Hi sonia1 

This is not ideal, since TestComplete/TestExecute needs to run in the same environment as the application under test (AUT) to identify and work with object properties. If accessing by RDP, we are just looking at a projection of the desktop, so the TC runtime can not "see" these properties. 

A common approach would be to create the tests on the local machine using TestComplete then run on the remote machine having TestExecute installed. If the AUT is only available on the remote machine, you'll need to create the tests there for a much better, more stable execution.

sonia1
      Occasional Contributor

Hi mikef, 

Thank you for your response, this is what I was afraid of too, I noticed that TestComplete interacts with the remote desktop as a projection only.
      I thought there was a loophole for running tests on the remote computer via the windows console 

Is there an idea ?