Forum Discussion

Gan
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Object does not exist error (Every Release)

Hi All,

I was working  Web application with Test complete 10, we are executed script "Run Suite" few months working fine(I mean one Release working fine "Run Site", coming to next Release some objects not identify ), After that we will executed script at that time "object not found error" occur.

*that particuler object there in Name mapping but script doe's not identify some objects,  I am executed "Run Suite" in UAT Env.

why it is coming that error every Release :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Gan

3 Replies

anhvu
    Frequent Contributor

I got the same issue for testing android app on mobile. 

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

Object does not exist may come mainly due to bad timing or changing object property.

First thing check whether object properties has change in particular object.

and most probably in your case may be when TC expecting the object it is not available in screen.

so you have to use your application knowledge (basically time aspect) and handling timing in TC

Since there could be lot of situations and ways to handle those situations , one can not give single answer.

if you are just doing recording and running it's time to think of developing robust test frame.