Forum Discussion

gxwheels152
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

In Junit reports - how can I designate the test suite names

I'd like to be able to designate the test suite names in Junit reports. I don't see a way to do that & the test suite names are always the project suite name and then the project name. 

Here are the options I thought of - let me know of options or thoughts: 

• have a setting for Folders with the Execution plan that designates them as test suites 
  • have an option in the TestExecute command line where you can designate the test suite

4 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I have the following summary report xml file as,

which I then convert to a readable report,

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I don't have tests that are shared, just functions. I have a "Common" project which contains functions, it's all script based. These functions are accessed by other projects within the project suite.

I do have tests that are the same in certain projects, but there's no point in making it a common "test function". I rather get results, and not make things complicated.

gxwheels152
    Occasional Contributor

That's cool --

If I'm understanding that correctly -- the projects do get separated out 

We have a lot of shared or common Keyword and Script tests in our project, so have not created multiple projects b/c of the sharing limitations we've encountered. 

• Do you also have shared tests/functions that need to work across your projects ? 
    • If so, how does the sharing work for your team ? 
    gxwheels152
    Occasional Contributor

That's helpful Info -- thank you 

I was hoping for a flag where you could name your test suites in the Test Execution Plan based on the folders there or based on the folders having a checkbox for Test Suite or something similar to that