Forum Discussion

David91
Frequent Contributor
2 years ago

Find function or method in KeyWord tests

Hi is possible find function or method In keyword test.... how? I need find one function in all solution.. 

Thank you for your advice! 

8 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Do you mean finding a keyword test, or finding a method used in a keyword test, or using a find method to search for an object?

David91
      Frequent Contributor

Finding a method used in a keyword test...

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Keep in mind that Keyword tests, on screen, are a graphical representation of a complex XML formatted file.  So, while it may seem simple to search for what's on screen, it's not quite that simple in truth.  I know of other tools that do so, though, so it's possible.  But be aware that it might take a bit to add that feature.

If you want, you can request the feature at https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Feature-Requests/idb-p/TestXCompleteFeatureRequests and then other folks in the community can vote it up to be included in future development of the tool.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

There was a similar question not so long ago, and from what I remember, you can only search for a value in a keyword test.

See Find Dialog - "In the Keyword Test editor, the dialog searches for the specified string only within the Value column. You cannot use the dialog to search for operations in keyword tests."

David91
      Frequent Contributor

Well, I know ... that's why I went there, if there's any other way to find it..?!

like it's quite a problem... i think Anonymous could take it into account for the money you pay for the SW... you need or look up KW now and then..

I'm really annoyed 😞