Forum Discussion

jose_pita
Super Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Keywords and function call parameters

Hi there,

I'd like to know if it is possible to implement a functionality on TC that makes keyword tests "blind" to the function call parameters like it happens in javascript.

Javascript ignores how many parameters a function waits / receives, but anytime I change some functions parameters called by a keyword, TC reports an error.

Is there any way to change this?

I have all my auxiliar functions in script, but in order to be easier to organize my tests and debugging, I have all my tests in keywords...

• Hi Jose,

I've registered both your suggestions in our DB.

At the moment, I can only suggest that you modify .tcKDTest files of your project using some external tools.

6 Replies

jose_pita
    Super Contributor

I'm sorry, I didn't explain my self in the right way.

Here's the problem:

-I have a script "S1" that has 1 parameter

-I call it on keyword "K1"

-After running K1 a couple of times, I have the need to put one more parameter on S1

-When I run K1 again, it throws an exception because the parameters aren't right.

In javascript, it would simply ignore the number of parameters and continue the execution as it is, this would be awesome to have on keywords too.

This and changing the name of the tests all over TC when needed, this last one is crtitical.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jose,

I've registered both your suggestions in our DB.

At the moment, I can only suggest that you modify .tcKDTest files of your project using some external tools.

jose_pita
    Super Contributor
    Can I give one more suggestion?

When we are on the log pannel, I ussualy go along the logs with the "go to next error" button. In order for me to know which test I'm seeing, I must scroll down the "Log Items" tree if the test isn't already visible.

Is it possible for TC to scroll down by itself to the selected test?
    jose_pita
    Super Contributor
    Can I give one more suggestion? :) 

Enable the find tool to search the log items/panel

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jose,

Can I give one more suggestion?

As many as you have :)

As for the previous two suggestions, we have the corresponding entries in our DB. I've added your vote to them.