Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Facing problem in enable the debugger for test complete 8

Need help to enable the debugger for test complete 8

System Details

- Windows Server 2008 R2

-  Windows XP Service Pack 2, you must install Windows update #896256

-  4GB RAM

-  Intell(R) Xeon(R) CPU  X5650 - 2 .67GHz (2 processors)

-  64 bit operating System

We tried to install the “scd10en.exe” and we got to know that supported anymore or isn’t certified on server 2008

Then we installed visual studio for server 2008,

When I start the test case execution by enabling the break points, the control is not pausing over there

The below information which I got from test complete help menu and verifed the below information too…

In order to debug VBScript, your user account must have the Launch and Activation and Access permissions for the Machine Debug Manager system component. By default, these permissions have user accounts that belong to the Administrators and Debugger Users groups. To obtain the permissions, ask your administrator to add your account to these groups. An alternative way is to ask your administrator to modify permissions for the Machine Debug Manager component:

• Open the Component Services window (Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Component Services).

• Select the Console Root | Component Services | Computers | My Computer | DCOM config node in the tree on the left of the window.

• Right-click Machine Debug Manager in the list of available components and choose Properties from the context menu.

Switch to the Security tabbed page of the subsequent dialog and modify the permissions as needed.

Could you please help me in resolving this issue  ??

Regards,

Naveen