Forum Discussion

Everseeker
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

License Server Machine Question

OK, My company was midway through provisioning the system for my testing when they came upon a line in one of the install documents It must be a physical machine (not a virtual machine). Am I mis...
    Everseeker
    9 years ago
    I have a pretty definitive answer, from the TestComplete Support team: Copied here since it is VERY important, given that more and more companies are going 100% Virtual Server......

Some restrictions of using a VM as the License Manager host you need to be aware of:

• You can not move the VM from one physical host to another (the protection system will detect the hardware changes and disable the licenses);
    • You can not clone the VM (the protection system will disable the licenses);
    • You can not change the hardware of the physical host (the protection system will detect the hardware changes and disable the licenses);
    • You can not use a cloud PC as the License Manager host (due to possible hardware changes)

They also sent me a more comprehensive text file on the subject (It is only a draft... be aware... ask them if you have questions)