Occasional Contributor

Sys.Browser("chrome") - the object with the specified attributes does not exist

Hi *,

Given:

- Windows 10

- TC 12.06

- Chrome with all needed addins for TC

Description:

usually I start Chrome with Run-Command (Browsers.Item[name].Run(self.base_url)), then connectig to it with

self.browser = Sys.Browser(browser, wait_millis), where browser is set to *. Works fine ... with *, not if I use "chrome" or "Chrome", but it works

Problem:

started Chrome manually. Trying to connect with Sys.Browser("chrome") ... does not work. But with "*" it does not work either!

Where is my fault? I have no idea anymore.

Regards

Ulrich

SOLVED: it was my fault. The second argument was set to -1 by default. If I omit this, everything works fine. And as a reminder to myself: this is no wait time, but the browser index.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sys.Browser("chrome") - the object with the specified attributes does not exist

SOLVED: it was my fault. The second argument was set to -1 by default. If I omit this, everything works fine. And as a reminder to myself: this is no wait time, but the browser index.

Regards

Ulrich

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sys.Browser("chrome") - the object with the specified attributes does not exist

Regards

Ulrich

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @ucuber,

Thanks for sharing your solution!

I've modified your topic a bit to make sure that the solution is visible for all community members.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Learn SmartBear products in a fun and easy way and prove your knowledge!
>>Participate in the TechCorner Challenge today
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Changing options from outside of TestComplete

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!

Comparing content of HTML table with Excel file data

Participate!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in the file

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors