Forum Discussion

akuczkowski
Contributor
10 years ago

Unable to connect to Windows 10 machine with distributed test

We have a lot of machines in use for distrubuted testing but I just created some new Windows 10 VMs and can't get the distributed test connections to work. I get the error "Verification failed: unable to create a user session on the remote computer." I went through the online help and changed all the settings that are suppose to be changed. I was wondering if there was something I missed or if there is a problem with TestComplete and Windows 10. If someone else has this working on Windows 10 I would at least now it's just a setup issue on my end somewhere. I am using the RTM version of Windows 10 Enterprise through MSDN and TestComplete 11.

Thanks,

Adam

3 Replies

HD
    Contributor

Did someone find a solution to this? I have the same problem on Windows 10

akuczkowski
      Contributor

I found what seems to be the problem on Windows 10. This is what I sent to SmartBear support, and making this change has worked for us.

It looks like I found the group policy setting that needs to be changed, “Require use of specific security layer for remote connections”. This setting is Not Configured by default and I confirmed that’s it’s set the same in Windows 8 and the connection from TestComplete works on Windows 8. From reading online it seems Windows 10 changed the how this setting works by default. My initial feeling is you’ll need to tell people to change this setting on Windows 10 to Enabled and Negotiate. I did not find anything in the TestComplete help that referenced this setting.

HD
        Contributor

This solution worked for me as well. Thanks.

SmartBear should update their documentation to include this requirement for windows 10 machines.