Forum Discussion

arasi_m
Occasional Contributor
7 months ago
Solved

JDBC connection error indicating SSL issue

I have configured a MS SQL DB in my data source step. If i test it , the connection is successful. But while running the data source step alone, i am facing the following error: I have copied the latest MS SQL JDBC Drivers(12.4.1 and 12.4.0) into the ReadyAPI bin path. Kindly help me to resolve the same.

Cannot get a connection for the specified properties com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: "encrypt" property is set to "true" and "trustServerCertificate" property is set to "false" but the driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption: Error: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target. ClientConnectionId:6f0f5b46-4e69-446f-80ee-866d05e2b8e2

I have added the following properties "encrypt" as false and "trustServerCertificate" as true in the database configuration. 

• The connection test only verifies that you have connectivity available to the SQL server. In this instance, it looks like your database requires an SSL connection, and you will have to adjust your connection string for your JDBC drivers accordingly. You might find some useful information here.

2 Replies

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

The connection test only verifies that you have connectivity available to the SQL server. In this instance, it looks like your database requires an SSL connection, and you will have to adjust your connection string for your JDBC drivers accordingly. You might find some useful information here.

arasi_m
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you. Link was useful. My problem got resolved.