Forum Discussion

vthomeschoolmom
Super Contributor
13 years ago

xTreme controls further information

So I have a project that tests my application. Within my application, there are Code Jocks Xtreme controls. Some helpful soul here mentioned that I can use MSAA to access these controls. So I added XTPDockBar and XTPToolBar. Lo and behold many of the functions that previously were inaccessible are accessible. I can access buttons on tool bars and menu items from these controls. When I look into the Object Browser,  I see this in the WndClass property of my objects.

So I have a Docking Pane control that controls the ability of users to dock panes... Under certain circumstances, these panes can be tabbed.

Observe the code that clicks the tabs

Sub Test1

Dim XTPDockingPaneTabbedContainer

Set XTPDockingPaneTabbedContainer = Sys.Process("Instrument Manager").VBObject("imMainForm").Window("MDIClient").VBObject("frmSMWorkspace").Window("XTPDockingPaneTabbedContainer", "", 3)

Call XTPDockingPaneTabbedContainer.Click(146, 270)

Call XTPDockingPaneTabbedContainer.Click(47, 268)

End Sub

I add the class name to the project's properties MSAA section of Open Applications. Then I record:

Sub Test2

Dim tabList

Set tabList = Sys.Process("Instrument Manager").VBObject("imMainForm").Window("MDIClient").VBObject("frmSMWorkspace").TabList("XTPDockingPaneTabbedContainer")

Call tabList.ClickTab("Tab 1")

Call tabList.ClickTab("Tab 2")

End Sub

YAY! I love that. BUT when I rerun the recorded script, I receive an error

The tab page 'Tab 1' not found.

It can find it during the recording, why not during playback?

Thanks

1 Reply

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Lane,

To investigate the problem, we need to reproduce the behavior you described. For this purpose, please send a sample application containing the Code Jocks Xtreme control to our Support Team. This will help us find a possible reason for this error faster.

Thanks.