Forum Discussion

ronrhe
Contributor
13 years ago

What do i need to test an application with testexecute on a virtual pc

We have testcomplete 8.5.

I want to test my application on a virtual pc. How do i get this done.

Searched the forums and docs for hours but could not find the answer.

We do not have virtual users.

We want to test our application on multiple platforms. So we use virtual machines for each platform.

The application is allready installed on these machines.

How do i start my test on a virtual pc?

regards

Ronald

13 Replies

• Hi Ronald,

Since all tasks in a job are run simultaneously, they must be run on different computers. Let me quote the Editing Job Properties help topic:

Each job is a collection of tasks, and each task, in turn, specifies what project (project suite) should be run on which computer. Jobs are intended to organize tasks. All tasks of a job are run simultaneously.

If you need to execute multiple projects in a row, you need to use multiple jobs. The network suite runs until all of its enabled jobs are completed. Each job, in its turn, runs until all of its enabled tasks are completed. Each next job of the network suite will run only after its previous job has been finished.
  • I am trying to invoke TestExecute on the VM from the host using PSEXEC..i see the small TestExecute icon on the system tray on the VM, once i run the below command from the host machine..but i do not see the tests are being executed by test execute...since my tests needs to open the browser and perform testing..

any suggestions on what i am doing wrong here

here is the command line i am giving at my host:

c:\Documents and Settinge\tadmin>C:\Automation\Tools\PSEXEC  \\testhostvm -u aaa\madmin -p password -i cmd.exe /c start "C:\Program Files\Automated QA\Test Execute 8\Bin\TestExecute.exe" Q:\tests\Projects\Myproject1\Myproject1.mds  /run  /exit

any inputs are highly appreciated.

-G
  • Hello Geeth,

Probably, TestExecute is launched in the non-interactive mode (yes, I see the -i parameter in your command  line, but it refers to CMD). Please reproduce the problem, go to the VM and open Task Manager. Check out the User Name and Session ID columns for the TestExecute.exe process.

I am looking forward to hearing your results.