Forum Discussion

bdr100
New Contributor
3 months ago

Textbox values disappear after adding Year value from Date Picker

I'm testing on an Electron-based Desktop application, in which I'm trying to create a new order. When I run the keyword test for automation with excel sheet as the data being inputted, the 3 textbox that I have each gets properly filled up with the text from the excel file, but when it reaches the dateInputStartDate, entering the date makes the values from the 3 previous textbox disappear. I've been trying to fix this by changing the values of the date to string, putting quotations, and just having something like "05152024" instead of 05/15/2024. What's also weird is that when TestComplete enters the day and the month, it doesn't make the values in the 3 textbox disappear, but when it gets to the year portion, that's where the problem arises.

Any idea of how to go about this next?

4 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If you can provide screenshots, coding and version of TC, that would be helpful.

bdr100
      New Contributor

I posted a new question regarding this with more details if you wanted to take a look. Thanks so much!!

MW_Didata
    Regular Contributor

Does this only happen if Testcompletes enters the date?

What happens if you manually enter the date?

And also what rraghvani said we need some more info like version, screenshots etc.

bdr100
      New Contributor

I posted a new question regarding this with more info if you wanted to take a look. Thank you for the help!