Forum Discussion

ashutosh01
Contributor
9 months ago
Solved

Value is disappearing after saving

Hi 

In my Desktop application I am saving details on a page and one of the details is password and it is required field. 

So after saving application go back to home page. when i check it again the password field shows blank.

if i run the script again and again it works it always fills the password field but after saving it disappears not sure how.

when doing manual steps it is working fine only when running through script somehow it is disappearing.

• My issue is fixed, I had a word with developer and few tweaks in steps and it works.

No issue from testcomplete.

6 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You mention "saving application" and "saving it disappears" - are you referring to your application or TestComplete?

ashutosh01
      Contributor

Referring to my application, after click on save there is a confirmation pop up, behind confirmation pop up i can still see the values in password field after clicking ok on pop up, it leads to home page. then when i come back to same page i see that password field is empty.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Is this an issue with the recorded scripts in TestComplete or your application? I'm just a bit confused.

ashutosh01
      Contributor

no this is not recorded, just using script. So may be Application issue or TestComplete.

Because previously in another Desktop application i was facing same issue and then i started using Keys instead of Settext it worked then. but not in this desktop application.

When doing manual testing it is working fine.

ashutosh01
      Contributor

My issue is fixed, I had a word with developer and few tweaks in steps and it works.

No issue from testcomplete.