Forum Discussion

vivekmit
Occasional Contributor
4 months ago

Access a child in a tree Structure through Keyword Strokes

Hi,

I am trying to select the child members available in a tree structure using the keyword strokes method. 

In the past, I normally use the on screen command to select the tree and use the ClickItem or SelectItem operation and select the child by its name with names not fixed but keeps changing dynamically.

is there any way , to choose the child members based on index value (i.e child[0], child[1] to select the appropriate child).

I would like to do this using the Keyword Strokes rather than Scriptiing method. Please help and suggest me how to proceed in select the child using the keyword strokes based on index value.

Thanks in advance.

Vivek.S

5 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Use the Object Spy tool, to see what properties and methods are exposed on your UI object.

There might be methods you can invoke to select the item.

vivekmit
      Occasional Contributor

Hi rraghvani, yes i am able to find the required method which is ClickItem. But i am not sure how to use the ClickItem to select the child by the tree index .I am  able to use the Clickitem to select the child by name but not sure how to reference that child as a tree index which is a feature available in Microsoft Power Automate

rraghvani
        Champion Level 3

UI objects written in different development tools produces different results, shown in Object Spy. If you don't provide a screenshot, then it's impossible to provide some sort of solution.

Visually, the control looks like a tree control, but under the hood, we don't know what technology it's using.

If using ClickItem method works, why do you need to select the item via its index value?