Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

Updating TC9.10 to 9.20 with node locked license PCs

Dear TestComplete Support, Dear Tanya,

Sorry for the TestComplete licensing question again. As you know i got both node locked licenses and floating licenses for TestComplete 9 for my test projects. Updating with floating licenses was very easy, its no question. But now i want to update two of my workstations from TC 9.10 to TC 9.20 where the node locked licenses are activated.

Could you please guide me how to proceed the updating process exactly? I have MSI for 9.20, but i do not want to try anything before i know that i would not lose my node locked licenses on my workstations.

Please help me. Thanks a lot.

Lee   

• Hi Lee,

Updating from TestComplete 9.10 to 9.20 doesn't require any actions with your license. You just need to run the installation file for the latest TestComplete version - you will be asked whether you want to update the product. Click "Yes" and install TC 9.20. That's all.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Lee,

Updating from TestComplete 9.10 to 9.20 doesn't require any actions with your license. You just need to run the installation file for the latest TestComplete version - you will be asked whether you want to update the product. Click "Yes" and install TC 9.20. That's all.