Forum Discussion

aravinda_mca
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Two Instances of IE

I was running IE as different user with Login credentials.The script is

Err.Clear

On Error Resume Next

Call TestedApps.iexplore.RunAs(Domain,user,pwd,,,,-1)

Set p = Sys.Process("iexplore").Page("http://loca*")

If p.Exists Then

Log.Message("IE launched")

End If

TestedApps.TerminateAll

But in the Processes I see iexploe.ese with cmdline "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe"SCODEF:1108 CREDAt:79873.

Whenever I run the script I get an error message(but that's for exception handling) and another instance of IE running though I don't see anything under Applications.I have to always kill the process to run my script again.

Other problem is even after killing the process when run script I get unexpected window to recover last session.

Help me to get rid of all these problems.

-Aravinda

2 Replies

• Hi Aravinda,

This is a default behavior of Internet Explorer 8 - it always runs several processes.

You can make Internet Explorer launch only one process. To do it, in the system registry, search for the TabProcGrowth value in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main key (if it is not present, add the value of the string type) and set it equal to zero.
    aravinda_mca
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanx David.I did mention because the second instance of IE is not launched when I did the same

manually.I thought may be RunAs() is launching another process.But this solved my problem.