Forum Discussion

voltaire
New Contributor
2 months ago

Object Recognition different during recording on VM

Testcomplete Version : 15.65.50

Application: Desktop, .netframework, .wpf objects

Environment : VM, Remote Connection, Windows OS11

I would like to know what are the various conditions when the parent (a Process) display has shell window instead of the process (.Net app), the child WPF object display as shell window instead of a .net wpf object? is it Missing additional libraries? API Calls are getting blocked? port blocked? firewall issues ? Account issues etc?
I am trying to identify possible causes. We are setting up test complete on a new environment, From Local PC --> through citrix --> Remote into VM that has Testcomplete and AUT's installed.

Anyone who has tried a similar setup if you have any inputs, please share. I would greatly appreciate all the help.

Attached is a screenshot on how it looks right now, when recorded.,

Note: Outside this environment it records and works fine. 

2 Replies

voltaire
      New Contributor

Extensions: Has been set to "select all". I can see everything enabled except HP QC, which I do not need. Script extensions as well all are allowed.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/licensing/id-based/cloud-and-virtual-machines.html?sbsearch=api%20license

Our team has set our network to allow all the API's mentioned in the above link. 

Anything else, that you can think that cause testcomplete map objects and display it?