Forum Discussion

bhumika_patra
New Contributor
13 years ago

Trying to send email from Outlook (getting the following error)

I have added the following to avoid the warning message while sending an email.

Set secManager = CreateObject("AddinExpress.SecurityManager")

secManager.ConnectTo olApp 

secManager.DisableOOMWarnings = False

ActiveX component can't create object: 'AddinExpress.SecurityManager'.

Can someone help ???

7 Replies

• Hi Bhumika,

ActiveX component can't create object: 'AddinExpress.SecurityManager'.

Make sure that the component is installed. Probably, you need to install "Security Manager 2010 for Microsoft Outlook, ActiveX Edition" available here.
  • Hello Mike,

I tried to install the Security Manager 2010 for Microsoft Outlook, ActiveX Edition from the link given by you. But while installing it asks for Registration ID and Code. May I know whose Registration code and id and where I can get that.

Regards,

Bhumika

• Hi Bhumika,

This is a question for this software's vendor, Add-in Express Ltd. Also, I'd recommend that you make sure that this software provides the ActiveX object you need. As far as I understand, you can try to get this information from the Support, Forums or Learning Center sections of the ADD-IN EXPRESS™ site.
  • If testcomplete is suggesting to use third-party product (paid) to automate the script then what's the point of using any script. It should provide us the solution if the third party product cannot be bought.

Thanks,

Bhumika
  • It would be great, if alternative solution can be given to send an email using outlook 2010 by VB script (just allowing on the security warning message).

Regards,

Bhumika
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    I don't think the SmartBear folks are telling you to go buy a third party item, they are saying that the problem is IN a third party item that is not supported by SmartBear folks and that you may need to work with that other vendor to work on figuring out what's wrong.