Forum Discussion

AlecTucker
New Contributor
14 years ago

The device is not ready or the connection has been lost

Hi all,

I'm busy evaluation TestComplete for mobile testing. I've followed the installation instructions on both the desktop and the device. When creating a new project I can successfully browse the files on the device to locate the executable of the app I want to test.

However, when I try to record a test I get:

The device is not ready or the connection has been lost.

I don't see the TestComplete icon on the device, but then again it's an HTC Touch HD2 running WinMo6.5, so it doesn't have the system tray equivalent that previous WinMo versions have had, so I wasn't expecting to see it.

Any ideas or pointers? (I've resintalled already)

Many thanks

Alec

2 Replies

AlecTucker
    New Contributor
    Note that following exactly the same steps using an emulator connects successfully and records tests successfully.

However, it is unusably slow and does not appear to capture events specific to objects - it just captures clicks and their location in the emulator window. Consequently running the test is clicking all the wrong things.

I'm interested to hear the response to this, as well as to hear from anyone who is using this product successfully for testing Windows Mobile apps.
  • Hi,

Can you provide more detail on the execution performance problem? How long does it take TC to perform actions with your application, what kind of actions are these and what controls do you work with?

BTW, note that test execution performance depends on the target device's hardware parameters, and TC tests will perform slower than the same actions would perform.