Forum Discussion

pmiley123
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

TestComplete works incorrectly in a grid

Hello,

I cannot get Test Complete to function properly when testing a grid.  I will even record a macro which test complete translates as a script, immediately run the same script and it will error.  The error occurs when attempting to select a cell within the script.  Here is the code (I can include screenshots if neccessary):

Set CMC = Aliases.CMC

CMC = .CMC

Set grid = CMC.WinFormsObject("frmSurveyIntakeQualify").WinFormsObject("xtraScrollableControlOutreachQualifying").WinFormsObject("gridControlHouseholdMembers")

grid = CMC.WinFormsObject("frmSurveyIntakeQualify").WinFormsObject("xtraScrollableControlOutreachQualifying").WinFormsObject("gridControlHouseholdMembers")

Sys.Desktop.Keys "[Tab]" 'Select "Person" workaround

.Desktop.Keys "[Tab]"

Call grid.Keys("[Tab]1")

grid.Keys("[Tab]1")

'Call grid.Keys("[Tab]") 'hoh

'Call grid.Keys(" ")

'Call grid.ClickNewRowCell("Person")

'Call grid.TextEdit.TextBoxMaskBox.Keys("1")

Call grid.ClickNewRowCell("HOH")     '*****it errors here when attempting to select a cell.  the previous tabs are workarounds*****

grid.ClickNewRowCell("HOH")     '*****it errors here when attempting to select a cell.  the previous tabs are workarounds*****

Call grid.ClickNewRowCell("Income Code")

grid.ClickNewRowCell("Income Code")

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tripp,

Let us know whether the problem is reproduced in TestComplete 9.10. Besides, it would be great to see a screenshot of the error you get.

sastowe
    Super Contributor
    Tripp Micou of Massachusetts formerly in the same building with ABD? That is not a super common name. Do you remember Stephanie Goulet?

Just sayin' hey. I would have emailed you, but there isn't one on this forum.