Forum Discussion

someshg2
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Testcomplete v9.3 is not working

Hi..Everyone,

I recently changed from Testcomplete v8.7 to v9.3 . In the new testcomplete iam not able to run a single function created in a unit . Is there any settings to be done for the new testcomplete v9.3 . If yes, can u please suggest what are the steps to be done.

Regards,

G.Someswara Rao

• Hi Someswara,

As far as I understand, TestComplete hangs after starting the test execution, and you have to kill the program's process to stop it, right? Let us know how you are running the test: by pressing F5 or via Run Current Routine.

7 Replies

someshg2
    Occasional Contributor
    hi..

problem is solved by uninstalling testcomplete and installing again

Thanks !!!

Regards,

G.Someswara Rao
    fayrehouse
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi there,

Not sure why your simple "hi there" test isn't working. Can you be a bit more specific when you say "you can't do it"? Do you get errors? Nothing happening at all etc?

Also, have you tried (taking a backup first!) opening one of your existing 8.7 projects in 9.3? It will need some conversion I would imagine (all done automatically) - but maybe see if you can run that?

Your example showed a script test/funtion. Can you record/run keyword tests? Indeed, can you record scripts, rather than just "editing them from scratch"?

Sorry if I am asking, rather than answering! But hopefully if you can answer the above, more people can dive in to help out :)

Cheers

someshg2
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi..steve,

1.when i start the function testcomplete is not responsive, even it is not showing the playing mode on the top and i dint get any errors for that .

2.I converted the existing project of version 8.7 to 9.3 and tool did automatically to v9.3 and in that also the same for even single function also not executing,testcomplete is non responsive dint showed any errors for that.

3.I recorded a sample keyword test(in a script) and it recorded successfully but after when i tried to play that it is not playing at all 

Please resolve this issue and show me a solution..

Regards,

G.Someswara Rao
    fayrehouse
    Frequent Contributor
    To be honest, if (as it sounds) it's a question of TC simply hanging and doing nothing when you try to run a function - this sounds like something you'll need one of the Smartbear folk (such as Tanya) to pick up - may need to be a tech support request.

Sorry I can't help! :(
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Someswara,

As far as I understand, TestComplete hangs after starting the test execution, and you have to kill the program's process to stop it, right? Let us know how you are running the test: by pressing F5 or via Run Current Routine.

someshg2
    Occasional Contributor
    hi..tanya

iam running the function by clicking on play button and it is not responding and not giving any errors and playback of function is also not starting just it is staying idle 

please show me any solution for this

Regards,

G.Someswara Rao
    someshg2
    Occasional Contributor
    any help please...we are waiting for the response