Forum Discussion

scott_stone
New Contributor
14 years ago

TC7 freezes during test

I am having issues with Test Complete 7.52 freezing during a test. I can still interact with the GUI, but after I click stop, nothing happens. It says 'Stopping' in the top right corner, but never does stop and the only choice I have is to kill the process, which then gives me no logs and I have no clue whether the test passed or failed. Memory usage does not appear to be the issue as I have over 1GB free. Is there something that is known to cause this to happen?

2 Replies

• Hi Scott,

Check whether the problem is reproduced with TestComplete 8.10. If it is, to help us investigate the behavior, please follow the steps below.

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package and install it.

2. When TestComplete hangs, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\windbg.exe" -pn TestComplete.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\TCDump1.dmp;q"

This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the TestComplete.exe process to the "C:\TCDump1.dmp" dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

3. If your tested application is still running (check this via Task Manager), generate a memory dump for its process as well:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\windbg.exe" -pn APPLICATION_PROCESS -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\AppDump1.dmp;q"

(change APPLICATION_PROCESS to the actual name of the tested application's process that you can see in Task Manager)

4. Wait for two minutes.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 twice more (but correct the dump file names in the command lines).

6. Send us all of the generated dump files.