Forum Discussion

kyork
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Popup window not recording during web testing

TestComplete stopped recording the pop-up window and the activities performed on the pop-up window during web testing.  I thought this issue would resolve once I upgraded to the new version 15.43.1 but the issue is still there.  Did anyone have a similar experience and know what the fix is?  

• It is an actual browser window that is opened using Javascripts window.open method.  The browser window used to record even without the SmarBear Test Extension but it stopped recording when we haven't changed anything.

• Hello TK6666.  This is still an issue for me but there is a temporary workaround.  When you record your test case, use the property checkpoint on the pop-up browser.  Adding the property checkpoint allows TC to recognize the popups.  I have spoken with the TC support team about this and they are working with their DevOps team to find a permanent solution.

• ...it might be worth removing the Solved solution for this topic

• Hi kyork 

could you kindly advise which checkpoint you are specifically using. When i try to use the checkpoint it is also behaving abnormally. It gives a message''finding checkpoint under mouse'' and just hangs there until i have to exit. Do you know if the TC support team has an ETA as to when this issue will be resolved. I haven't had any feedback yet on my ticket that i logged

9 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Do you have an example of this popup window? What browser and version are you using?

• Hi there kyork.I had to downloaded the latest version last week because i was prompted to do so and now have the same issue.All my past tests that i recorded were there is a pop up message ran fine up until i installed the new version and now it is not recognizing the object...for example the ok button.I tried to re-record and it doesnt look like tst complete is even recording the pop up window and ok button now.

Can someone please advise?

kyork
      Occasional Contributor

Hello TK6666.  This is still an issue for me but there is a temporary workaround.  When you record your test case, use the property checkpoint on the pop-up browser.  Adding the property checkpoint allows TC to recognize the popups.  I have spoken with the TC support team about this and they are working with their DevOps team to find a permanent solution.

TK6666
        Contributor

Hi kyork 

could you kindly advise which checkpoint you are specifically using. When i try to use the checkpoint it is also behaving abnormally. It gives a message''finding checkpoint under mouse'' and just hangs there until i have to exit. Do you know if the TC support team has an ETA as to when this issue will be resolved. I haven't had any feedback yet on my ticket that i logged

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

...it might be worth removing the Solved solution for this topic

kyork
    Occasional Contributor

I attached an example of the popup window.  When I click on the Select link on the main website, the Office popup window is generated.  I am using Firefox version 103 since the latest TestComplete version supports Firefox version 103.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

The main application "Dentpsd3 QA..." is that a web or desktop application? Because the "Office - Mozilla Firefox" that appears, that's an actual window? which is a browser (not really a popup window)?

I'm not sure how that browser is launched, but I think you need to have SmartBear Test Extension installed for TC to interact with the UI controls.

kyork
    Occasional Contributor

It is an actual browser window that is opened using Javascripts window.open method.  The browser window used to record even without the SmarBear Test Extension but it stopped recording when we haven't changed anything.